|Attachment Slots|| Suppressor, Optics, Flashlight, [[Fno
|Magazine Type||20Rnd., 30Rnd., 50Rnd. Drum|
|Fire Modes||Semi-Automatic, Burst, Automatic|
The M14 excels at long range, and is currently the most accurate weapon in the game in aimed fire. Damage-wise, the M14 does the same damage as other battle rifles such as the Mk 17 and FN FAL and takes the same 7.62x51mm ammunition. It also has above average firerate. The main downside of the M14 is the hipfire accuracy which is incredibly low, making it unreliable against weapons with better hipfire at medium range.
The M14 should be used exclusively for long-ranged combat, as its hipfire accuracy makes it a inadequate choice for medium or close range. Even though it will still be able to perform better than other weapons by hipfiring, it will miss more bullets than other guns. This can be a problem due to the rarity of the magazines it uses.
- The M14 was the first ever Battle Rifle added in the game.
- The M14 was originally only a semi-auto, but was made to be selective-fire later on.
- A civilian version of this gun was originally going to be added in the game, but was canceled, and would make its predecessor, the M1 Garand, redundant.
- This rifle is commonly referred to as the best long range weapon in the game, even though it might be beneficial to use something with lower aimed accuracy but better hipfire.
- When picked up the M14 defaults to semi-automatic fire. This can be changed to automatic by hitting "F" or the keybind that you have chosen. This could be considered a hint as to how the M14 should be used.
- The M14 has a high chance of spawning at a helicopter crash site.