- "A 12-gauge double-barreled shotgun. This weapon is very powerful at close range, but has a slow rate of fire."
- — Item description
|Double Barrel Shotgun|
|The Double Barrel Shotgun, as seen in-game.|
|Magazine Type||2 Round Double Barrel Shotgun Magazine|
|Fire Rate||Very Low|
The Double Barrel Shotgun is a civilian shotgun that takes 2 12-gauge shotgun shells.
A double-barreled shotgun is a shotgun with two parallel barrels, allowing two shots to be fired in quick succession. Modern double-barreled shotguns, often known as doubles, or even the old-fashioned "Boomstick" are almost universally break open actions, with the barrels tilting up at the rear to expose the breech ends of the barrels for unloading and reloading. Since there is no reciprocating action needed to eject and reload the shells, doubles are more compact than repeating designs such as pump action or lever-action shotguns.
The double-barrel shotgun does one of the highest damages out of any gun in the game, being chambered in 12 gauge and taking two headshots to kill a player. However, this is compensated by it's extremely low clip size, it's loud noise and it's low range. It is a very common weapon, usually wielded by fresh spawns, however it should be switched out for another gun as soon as possible.
- The shotgun has the smallest amount of kills possible with one mag, only being able to kill one person with two shots. Every other weapon is able to kill a player in less than one mag.
- This shotgun has one of the highest spawning rates and damage, but has lowest ammo capacity of any gun in the game and low accuracy.
- This shotgun was one of the few original weapons in the first version of Apocalypse Rising along with the TEC-9, AK-47, M1911, Makarov, etc.
- This is considered a "lucky find" when one is a newspawn, because it allows to kill players with military tier weapons quickly, making it one of the most capable civilian weapons for close-range.